Oakdale Elementary School was opened in January of 1958. Enrollment grew rapidly through the 1970s and in 1980, our school became one of four bilingual centers in the district.
Oakdale is now a kindergarten through fifth grade school with an enrollment of approximately 550. It is one of the largest bilingual centers in the district. Each grade level provides learning activities for the monolingual and bilingual classes to learn together. Oakdale’s mission is to promote and maintain high academic standards in all curricular areas. We emphasize communication skills, specifically language development through literature. Oakdale provides a supportive, and safe environment where students acquire the necessary skills to thrive in a diverse society as life-long learners. We are proud of our hard working staff and the exemplary experiences they provide for our students.