Press Release: 03-14-2012
Below is a brief recap of the Board Meeting from March 13.
Special Recognition and Presentations
- The Board of Education recognized several students whose artwork won recent contests with the Illinois State Board of Education and Preferred Meal Systems. Students who were recognized included: Lyndsay Lasceki, Marco Rodriguez, Kevin Landa, Nehemiah Bronlee, Carlos Pasillas, Jose Vara, Joseph Hernandez, Eric Salas and Renato Tovar.
- The Waukegan High School JROTC made a brief presentation to the board highlighting its recent successes.
- The Board of Education approved the purchase of new marching band uniforms at WHS at a cost of $58,776. This marks the first time in 15 years that the marching band will receive new uniforms.
- The Board of Education approved the appointments, resignation, terminations and leaves of nine employees.
- The Board of Education approved Policy #4035, Staff Technology Use.
- The Board of Education approved a waiver of facility fees for the Christian Faith Fellowship Church to use the Trapp Auditorium for a concert. The church will still pay for expected labor costs.
- The Board heard a detailed presentation on the Capital Development Board construction bid documents and the advertisement to bid. The first phase of the project goes to bid on March 21.
- The Board was informed that the District has agreed to make extra efforts to increase its communication with non-English speaking parents, following an inquiry by the Office of Civil Rights of the Unites States Department of Education.
Email Contact: email@example.com
Marching Band Director Mr. Josh Kumpula and band member Luis Camargo show off the new uniform to Board Members.