Press Release: 02-01-2012
Below is a brief recap of the Board Meeting from January 31.
Special Recognition and Presentations
- The Board of Education recognized Mr. Brian Floriani and Bernieís Book Bank for their support of Waukegan Public Schools. In the past two years, Mr. Florianiís organization has donated nearly 130,000 books to WPS students.
- The Board of Education ratified a new three-year contract with the Waukegan Council of the Lake County Federation of Teachers. Highlights of the contract include $3 million in additional compensation for the first year and the elimination of half days.
- The Board of Education approved a $63,211 contract with Denver-based Mid-Continent Research for Education and Learning for an external evaluation of the Districtís ELL program.
- The Board of Education voted to allow District administrators to negotiate a price for a property located at 525 South Avenue in Waukegan. The property is located in the middle of Carman-Buckner Elementary Schoolís playground.
- The Board of Education approved the appointments and resignations of 7 employees.
- The Board of Education voted to accept a donation of about 100 desks from District # 113 in Highland Park.
- The Board of Education approved the installation of e-pay services at the two high school campuses and the Welcome Center. This will allow for credit card and debit card payment options at all three locations. The service comes at no cost to the District.
- Superintendent Dr. Donaldo R. Batiste announced that the Districtís Information Technology department is looking into purchasing a system that would allow for electronic Board Books.
Reports and Presentations
- Dr. Batiste announced the passing of former longtime District 60 employee Ms. Rosemary Larsen.
- Board of Education reviewed policy #3310, Use of Credit Cards; Policy #3312 Administrator Authority to Commit or Expend District Funds; and Policy #5151.1, Determining Private Agency Placements.
Email Contact: email@example.com