Official Birth Certificate with Raised Seal: (Required for Preschool, Kindergarten and new students only) No faxed or hospital copies are accepted. If the parent does not possess the original birth certificate, they must complete the Missing Birth Certificate Contract (at the time of registration) allowing them 30 days to provide it to the school. A copy of this contract must be sent to the Student Support office for tracking within 24 hours.
Proof of Residence
: (Required by School Code.) TWO of the following can be used to prove residence.
- Lease - Must have parent/guardian's name, landlord's name, and current address.
- Mortgage Papers - Must provide document showing possession of property—not closing date.
- Gas Bill - must be current (within 2 months), must be in parent's/guardian's name
- Electric Bill - must be current (within 2 months), must be in parent's/guardian's name
- Illinois Department of Public Aid Current Medical Card - Card must be in Parent/Guardian's name with current address.
Please Note: Notarized Statement from Landlord/Homeowner - If proof is not in parent/guardian's name, this is needed. (Forms are available at Student Support Services office or can be downloaded/printed from the links below.) Landlord or homeowner must complete an Affidavit of Residency and have signature notarized. A utility bill (gas or electric only) showing the name of the Landlord/Homeowner must be attached. These must be updated yearly.
- Proof of Legal Guardianship: (Legal Documentation Required for student(s) living with someone other than biological parents who has legal custody/guardianship) Examples: Divorce Papers, Guardianship Papers
- Verification of Eligibility for Free Lunch: (Direct Certification Letter) provided by the State of Illinois, if applicable. See Free-Reduced Meal Program Information.
- Student Transfer Form: (Required if student is coming from another school within the state of Illinois)
- Fees: See details on Registration Fees web page.
For students new to Waukegan Public School District 60, the following items would be helpful:
- Transcripts and/or records of grades
- Special Education Records or I.E.P. (if child received Special Education Services)
*IMPORTANT! FIRST DAY EXCLUSION REMINDER: All students must have a complete state-mandated immunization and examination record on file with their school nurse BEFORE they will be allowed to enter school in the fall of 2012.