Press Release: 10-12-2011
Below is a brief recap of the Board Meeting from October 11.
Special Recognition and Presentations
- The Board of Education honored Mrs. Patricia Sikorovsky and Bravo Waukegan! for their support of Waukegan Public Schools’ music programs.
- Staff presented a comprehensive report on District test scores.
- Staff made a presentation highlighting a new universally-accessible playground being built a Clearview Elementary School.
- The Board of Education approved a bid for roof repairs at Greenwood Elementary School with Romeoville-based Crowther Roofing and Sheet Metal at a cost of $122,200.
- The Board of Education approved a bid for electronic data storage with Glendale Heights-based Federal Storage at a cost of $91,647.
- The Board of Education approved the appointments, terminations, resignations and leaves of 13 employees.
- The Board of Education approved revisions to policy # 7050, regarding Evaluation and Determination of Eligibility and # 3311, regarding Voluntary Payroll Deduction to Charitable Organizations.
- The Board of Education reviewed revisions to policy #6031, Administration of Medications and policy # 6032, Food and Allergy Management
- The Board of Education discussed the $37 million State Capital Development Board Grant project.
- The Board of Education approved the Superintendent’s contractual goals for 2011/2012.
Email Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org