Press Release: 02-29-2012
Below is a brief recap of the Board Meeting from February 28.
Special Recognition and Presentations
- Representatives from Lake County United made a presentation highlighting the successes of “Waukegan to College.”
- The Board of Education approved a contract with Warrenville-based American Appraisal to have valuation and appraisal serviced performed for District property at the cost of $35,400.
- The Board of Education approved the appointments and leaves of five employees.
Capital Development Board Items
- The Board of Education approved ancillary projects that would be completed along with the “green package” and “purple package” using funds separate from the CDB grant. Project costs are estimated at around $1.2 million. The projects approved include:
/ The relocation of the main office at Glen Flora Elementary.
/ The renovation of the office at Glen Flora Elementary
/ The conversion to a hot water heating system at Greenwood Elementary
/ The reconfiguration of the staff parking lot at Greenwood Elementary
/ The relocation of playground equipment at Greenwood Elementary
/ The expansion of the parking lot at Clearview Elementary
/ New ceiling and lighting in the east corridor at Hyde Park Elementary
/ The recondition of exterior stairs at North Elementary
/ Sprinkler alteration at Glenwood Elementary
/ The resurfacing of the parking lot at Little Fort Elementary
Reports and Presentations
- Superintendent Dr. Donaldo R. Batiste announced that staff has narrowed down the candidates for principal at Waukegan High School to nine finalists.
- Board reviewed revisions to Policy #4035, Staff Technology Use.
Email Contact: email@example.com