Press Release: 02-15-2012
Below is a brief recap of the Board Meeting from February 14.
- The Board of Education voted to renew a service agreement with Countryside Association in the amount of $21,400. The Countryside Association assists with the transition of special education students.
- The Board of Education approved the appointments and resignations of four employees.
- The Board of Education approved the rescission of policy #5151.1, Determining Private Agency Placements.
- The Board of Education voted to modify the 2011/2012 academic calendar to add additional instructional time.
Capital Development Board Items
- Staff gave a presentation on a potential scoring system to implement during the CDB project bid process. Staff also discussed non-CDB projects that may be completed with reserve and TIF dissolution funds.
Reports and Presentations
- Board members announced that Mr. Ray Vukovich has been named the new president of the Waukegan Schools Foundation.
- It was announced that Board members Ms. Anita Hanna and Mrs. June Maguire would be honored during Waukegan Township’s Women’s History Luncheon.
- The Board of Education agreed to modify the daily pay rate for substitute teachers. Substitute teachers in the District will now receive $110 per day.
- The Board of Education discussed the extension of an Intergovernmental Agreement with the City of Waukegan concerning crossing guards and police officers in schools.
Email Contact: email@example.com