Press Release: 12-14-2011
Below is a brief recap of the Board Meeting from December 13.
Special Recognition and Presentations
- Superintendent Dr. Donaldo R. Batiste recognized recent honorees for the Superintendent Bulletin’s “...whatever it takes!” Spotlight Honorees included: Pauline Williams, Christine Thompson, Dolores Santana and LaVelle Slater.
- Dr. Batiste recognized Greenwood Elementary Principal Ms. Joyce Meyer for her “Exemplary Performance” during a recent crisis.
- Dr. Mary Lamping, Principal-In-Charge at Waukegan High School, gave a detailed presentation on the high school’s accomplishments and behavior/ attendance data during the first part of the academic year.
- The Board of Education approved the purchase of two operations vehicles from Milwaukee-based Badger Truck Center at the cost of $60,689.
- The Board of Education approved the purchase of 4,500 pedometers from Idaho-based Rocky Mountain Pedometer at a cost of $60,255. The pedometers will be used by elementary school students as part of the Carol M. White PEP grant.
- The Board of Education approved the purchase of six single door dishwashers and one conveyor type dishwasher from Waukegan-based Federal Supply, at a cost of $57,713.
- The Board of Education approved a security camera maintenance contract with Broadview-based Security Solutions, at a cost of #25,300.
- The Board of Education approved the renewal of the District’s commercial liability insurance at an increase of 3.23 percent in 2012.
- The Board of Education approved the appointments, retirements, and leaves of seven employees.
- The Board of Education voted to apply for the 2012 School District Library Per Capita Grant.
- The Board of Education approved policy #5219, Animals in Education.
- The Board of Education approved Rising Star School Improvement Plans for all K-8 schools.
- The Board of Education approved the ratification of contracts and salary reopeners for Waukegan Professional Support Staff (WPSS) and Psychologists.
Reports and Presentations
- Board Member Ms. Anita Hanna announced that tickets will go on sale Friday, December 17 for the Second City show at the Genesee Theatre. The show will be on April 20, and proceeds will benefit the Waukegan Schools Foundation. More information to come.
- The Board of Education reviewed policy #6038, Concussion Management.
Email Contact: email@example.com